After fourteen years in the trade, I am hanging up the towel on floral work for special occasions. Even though I am not designing now, I did want to showcase some of my work within my portfolio. Having the ability to work weddings and large events allows me to feature some of my best skills: detail oriented, fresh designs, creativity, management, stress-management, and follow-through.
I have had amazing opportunities to work with some wonderful brides. I am thankful that floral design was my creative outlet while I worked with coffee and attended school.
Snohomish Flower Company
I began sweeping floors and answering phones for a highschool job. Next, I became a Designer and Manager.
- Produced schedules for designers, customer representatives, and drivers.
- Used QuickBooks to track purchase orders, write checks, and manage income/expense reports.
- Processed bank deposits and payroll using tax tables and QuickBooks.
- Maintained excellent relationships with wholesalers and suppliers.
- Managed employee performance and production.
- Worked directly with funeral and wedding customers and fulfilled their orders.
When the company sold (owners retired), I moved to Starbucks and also began Sarah's Flowers.